Neuropore Therapies, Inc. is a San Diego, California based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
2019 Summer Intern, In Vivo Pharmacology
Description: Neuropore Therapies is looking for a highly motivated and dependable summer intern to work with the In Vivo Pharmacology group team members with the goals of:1. Gaining an understanding of drug discovery and development, and how in vivo work fits into these processes.
2. Obtaining proficiency in basic lab skills and organization including:
- Good laboratory practices including keeping a proper lab notebook
- Pipetting of liquids
- Data handling (processing, basic statistical analysis, graphing, archiving, database activities)
- Working as a team member to support experiments
- Prioritization and scheduling
- Tissue sectioning techniques
- Basic biochemical techniques (tissue processing, Western Blots, ELISAs)
- Genotyping and mRNA evaluations (tissue processing, PCR)
- Image and video analysis
Final assignments and learning opportunities will depend on previous experience and on the job performance.
Requirements: 16 years old or older with dependable transportation (high school or undergraduate).To apply: Please send your resume and information regarding your current interests and academic objectives to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Line: In Vivo Pharmacology 2019 Summer Internship)
There are no other open positions at this time, however, we do accept CVs/resumes for consideration of potential future positions.
If you are interested in working as part of a highly skilled and motivated team in an area with potential for future positions, please send your CV and information concerning you career objectives to email@example.com.
Neuropore Therapies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.